Staff Android Lead Developer San Diego CA
Who We Are:
We empower people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, we have emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, We simplify and improves diabetes management around the world.
We are are hiring for a Staff Android Lead Engineer to join our Partner team in San Diego, CA. In this position, you will be leading the development of Android application components to help improve the lives of people with diabetes. You will be joining a well-established company thats on an upward growth trajectory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure the technical quality and safety of Partner-facing products
- Facilitate/unblock the work of Android Partner development teams throughout the Software Development Lifecycle
- Interface with Internal and External Partners to facilitate integration of Partner-facing products
- Work with Quality and Support teams to diagnose and rectify issues with published components
- Establish and maintain extremely high architectural and development process standards
- Create Technical Designs for new software components
- Perform Technical Design Reviews of new and existing components
- Implement requirements for Android SDK software components
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to strengthen development efficiency
- Interface with App teams and Software Test to ensure high quality product
- 6 years of native Android app development, 10 years of professional software development
- Technical Lead on at least one published product with a team of 3 or more people
- Expert in Kotlin and Java programming languages
- Deep understanding of how and when to apply various design patterns
- Experience implementing automated unit tests
- Experience with back-end technologies and approaches such as OAuth, REST, SOAP, etc.
- Working knowledge of cyber security paradigms such as PKI, obfuscation, etc.
- Experience architecting reusable Frameworks/APIs
- Experience performing Technical Design Reviews
- Experience working on Regulated software products
Functional Description: Technical Individual Contributors
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or desktop applications products. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of technical principles and theories. Recommends solutions in support of functional objectives tied to overall company objectives and strategies.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 8-12 years related experience or Masters degree and 5-7 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 2-4 years of experience.