Director of Marketing San Diego California
The Director of Marketing will drive company awareness, execute projects, deliver and inspire quality work, engage in team development and collaboration, and work with the team to continue to deliver quality work on an accelerated timeline. The winning candidate will be a doer, someone with a passion for getting work done well and quickly, a track record of delivering excellence, top-notch skills to execute effectively, the drive to win and a passion for contributing and helping lead an amazing marketing team.
This position will work across the company brands to drive awareness, B2B leads/sales and DTC credit card acquisition programs and align all activity to revenue goals and corporate strategic objectives. The Director of Marketing role is comprised of 30% strategy, planning and management and 70% hands-on execution, implementation, optimization and collaboration. We are seeking 10+ years of practical marketing experience, B2B and DTC exposure, project management super skills, people skills, an analytical mindset, launch experience and amazing ability to multi-task and get things done.
- Increase lead flow through any/all channels available for multiple brands, direct-to-consumer credit card brands and all future products and divisions.
- Lead/assist in the creation and deployment of marketing collateral and sales tools.
- Develop/execute communication that provides touch points for existing, new and potential clients to keep company, our services and our value proposition top of mind.
- Develop effective relationships with internal/external vendors, partners, stakeholders, media and other parties to help raise awareness and improve the image and position of the company, executive team and our products.
- Use data to drive recommendations and focus on repeatable results.
- Contribute to and maintain departmental quality and brand standards through exceptional presentation, listening and analytical skills.
- Cultivate and manage team members, projects and various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelors in Marketing, Communication, Business Management or related field, 10-15 years of marketing experience with active responsibility for delivering projects on-time and in support of company and department goals.
- Proven strategic and leadership skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders and collaborate across business lines.
- Project Management excellence, strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into actionable marketing efforts.
- Deep CRM knowledge and practical application of CRM, lead tracking, database management and sales training/coordination.
- Experienced with Google AdWords & Analytics, non-branded analytics systems, WordPress, Microsoft Office, social media platforms, and general content management systems.
- Superior organizational skills, design/copywriting, cross-team collaboration and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent people management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Credit Card/Loan Servicing/Financial experience is big plus.