Director of Finance Oakland CA
Director of FP&A
We are looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Director to build a high-performing FP&A team that will champion financial strategy and operations as we scale the company into new opportunities.
- Plays an ownership role in financial planning, management reporting, and financial analytic efforts across the company.
- Provides management with financial reporting and analysis to be used in strategic and tactical decision making.
- Gathers business performance data, analyzes and compares it with prior periods, develops recommendations for improvements in revenue growth or resource allocation.
- Own the enterprise budgeting and forecasting process across the company including the analysis and associated recommendations.
- Participate in the development of the companys plans and programs, linking longer-term strategy to the companys operational plans; provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making.
- Drive the financial planning process, inclusive of kick-off meetings, deadlines, schedules, assumptions, and data format as it applies to budgets, forecasts, capital planning, and long-term plans.
- Build a composite view of the company including profit & loss, cash flow, and balance sheet impacts; recommend business or financial impact as needed.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the planning process itself.
- Ensure timely and accurate business/financial reports and plans; share them will all business units to increase financial transparency in management reporting and business unit performance.
- Develop a high-performing FP&A team by serving as a trusted advisor to the CFO and other business leaders.
- Participate in or lead cross-departmental initiatives.
- Develop and perform ad hoc analyses.
- Own and build on current models to forecast financials and operational KPIs.
- Formulate questions and analyses for the team to research.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business administration, or finance; MBA or advanced degree in related field strongly preferred
- A strategic mindset, and the ability to influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills — you should be an Excel Jedi
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications
- Able to manipulate large amounts of data
- Knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities
- 7-15+ years of relevant nancial reporting/nancial analysis experience with a proven grasp of FP&A responsibilities
- Experience in logistics and transportation preferred
Key Skills / Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Financial analysis skills
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Very strong communication and presentation skills with experience creating and delivering effective presentations to management teams
- Organizational and time management skills.